Optical Gas Imaging Certified!
Now Certified in Optical Gas Imaging through the Infrared Training Center.
Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) cameras help detect hydrocarbon gas and other VOC leaks by displaying these invisible gases as a plume of smoke.
OGI cameras can detect a variety of hydrocarbon gases including:
- Methane, Ethane, Propane, Butane, Isobutane, Pentane, Hexane
- Benzene, Ethylbenzene, Toluene, Xylene
- Ethylene, Propylene
- Heptane, Octane, Isoprene, Ethanol, Methanol, MEK, MIBK, 1-Pentene
OGI is becoming widely used in EPA Quad Oa Leak Detection And Repair (LDAR) surveys throughout the Oil & Gas Industry. The use of OGI is even mandated for two instances:
- Difficult to monitor locations (sources that are inaccessible or cannot be monitored without elevating the monitoring personnel more than 2 meters above a support surface).
- 5 minute observation of transmission storage tank vents.
OGI Video from FLIR: